Feng Shui is an ancient art and science which deals with the placement of buildings or other objects to accentuate the auspicious positive energies and to minimize those which are negative. This knowledge has been shaped through several centuries, but its principles are still relevant today while Vastu is an ancient Indian law of architecture and a conduit between man and nature, it governs the structure and construction of the home and renders appropriate guidelines for the construction of the same for happy, healthy, wealthy and peaceful adobe.
Vastu Shastra is nothing but modified Geodetic Engineering, which works on principle on optimizing the space to suit the requirement. The Vaastu differs from North India to South India, due to the placement of the Sun. It’s not a belief or myth but a scientific way of planning a home.
Amplifying positive vibration at home becomes a necessary step towards implanting mental peace and leading a happy prosperous life. Vastu Shastra acts as a great means for improving the energies around you at home. Taking into consideration various principles of Vastu Shastra while building your homes would enhance the energies and bring about a life-changing experience for you.
Vastu principles are applied to each and every corner of the home. They are also implied while buying a property or building a home. In addition to that, you can also imply these principles to your existing homes to improve the quality of life.
Feng Shui is about experiencing, understanding and explaining these influences. Since it comes from a completely different world view, some advice may seem quite peculiar to us. But when explained and understood makes quite a sense. Let´s explore a little bit into the three basic layers of Feng Shui, the “San Cai” or “Three Entities”:
In applying Feng Shui Analysis we look for the “Xing Shi” or “inherent potential” of a situation. Think of this situation: You have to defend your country during the war against a stronger opponent. But you know Feng Shui. So you can use the power of place to your advantage. So you lead the opposing army into a ravine. And exactly at the right time at the right place you kick one single stone from the top of the canyon down, triggering a stone avalanche that completely annihilates the opposing army. Wouldn´t you call this “effective”? Yet, this is exactly what Feng Shui is about. Developing a (human) strategy in time (heaven) and space (earth).
- As seen from the above information, Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui—while both use various elements to create balance—do differ in their system. Vastu Shastra adheres to its principles regardless of the person who uses it. Feng Shui takes account of the person’s spiritual analysis and presents a solution thusly.
- The main 5 elements according to Vastu Shastra are air, water, fire, earth & space. Whereas the elements according to feng shui are wood, metal, earth, fire, water.
- Both systems use compass directions to ascertain the character of the energy in different sectors of the home.
- Both systems use cures or enhancers to negate, clam or enhance energy in different sectors.
- Both systems use elements that are attributed to different sectors.
- Both systems use types of astrology in the analysis.
- The purpose of both the edifice science is to establish harmony among the energies.
Balance in Vastu-Feng Shui
Each study is complex. It’s important that you utilize the guidance of an expert in the field to learn more about it. Both Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui are very helpful. They are extremely effective when it comes to improving family communication, increasing employee cooperation and communication, increasing wealth and prosperity. Vishal Bhardwaj is a Gold Medallist Vastu Consultant who has in-depth knowledge about these therapies.