Skanda Sashti also is known as Kanda Shashti is to be observed on 19th December 2020 and is mostly celebrated in Tamil Nadu as it is one of the major southern festivals that glorifies Lord Skanda who is an avatar of Lord Kartikeya also known as Subramanya, Muruga, etc. Skanda Shashti is observed during Shukla Paksha and falls on the sixth day of the lunar month as per Tamil Calendar. Grand celebrations happen in the temples of Muruga in Tamil Nadu. The festival is Skanda Shasti is a ten-day, long event in Tamil Nadu and some other states as well
Skanda Sashti 2020 : Date and Time
Skanda Sashti falls on 19th December 2020 and will begin at 7.06 am and will end at 6.05 pm.
Skanda Sashti Vrat Katha and Significance
The legend behind this auspicious day is Lord Skanda who is an avatar of Lord Shiva and Parvati son ‘Lord Kartikeya’, one must perform Kartikeya Puja on this day who are suffering from Rahu, Ketu, Kala and Sarpa Dosha and also by the people suffering from delays or disharmony in marriage or people with a bad temper, business sufferings as worshipping on this day will bring happiness and prosperity.
Three demons named Surapadma, Simhamukha, and Taraksura created havoc in heavenly abodes of Gods and Goddesses and troubled all humans as well, so Lord Skanda freed all the Gods and Goddesses from those deadly demons with his power.
Lord Skanda was a divine child and had the knowledge of everything he was very intelligent, loving, and compassionate too.
Skanda Sashti Vrat Rituals
According to the best Vastu Experts in India, Devotees can observe a fast on this day to bring happiness and prosperity and to deal with all the sufferings.
- The fast must be observed by devotees from sunrise till sunset as per the time given of Sashti Tithi
- Only Satvik food such as fruits and milk are allowed to take, rest everything is prohibited.
- Devotees must chant ‘Skanda Sashti Kavacham’, which is a devotional prayer to obtain protection and blessing from Lord Skanda.
- Also chant “Om Sharavana Bhava” mantra 108 times on a Rudraksha Mala to please Almighty and to gain divine blessings of God.
- Devotees can also wear a Mars Power Mala that has Six Mukhi Rudraksha bead ruled by planet mars which are under the control of Lord Kartikeya or Lord Skanda.
- Six Mukhi Mala can be worn as a bracelet, pendant, or locket as it pacifies planet Mars and is best for willpower, courage, for a better profession, focus, and determination.
For best Vastu tips or remedies of various festivals and also in general like Vastu Dosha, Home Vastu, Office Vastu or any type of Vastu related help, consult the Best and Award-winning Vastu Experts in India Vishal Bhardwaj.
Visit our website and book your numerology consultation today by visiting here.