In Hindu mythology and rituals, Ekadashi has its importance to the optimum. Dedicated in the name of Lord Vishnu, Ekadashi conveys the goodness and purity inside individuals through vigorous fasting. There are 24 Ekadashi that have been highlighted and eulogized in mythology. Each Ekadashi has its essence to the devotees and the gracious part, believers follow them being determined.
Papmochani Ekadashi is another Ekadashi that falls in the Krishna Paksha of Chaitra Masa. When Papamochani Ekadashi happens on a Thursday, it holds outstanding implications and is known as ‘Guruvar Ekadashi’. The word Papa in Hindu belief conveys the misdeed while Mochana is the process of sanctification and purification.
Significance of Papmochani Ekadashi
It is assumed that Papamochani Ekadashi demolishes all the guilt and also exempts the observer from the sorrow. By performing this Ekadashi with full commitment, the person will never be impacted by devils or spirits. Celebrating Papamochani Ekadashi is more wonderful than visiting Hindu pilgrimage spots or even providing one thousand cows. The devotees of this auspicious vrat enjoy all the sophisticated happiness and finally locates themselves a place in the sacred province of Lord Vishnu, the ‘Vaikuntha.
Timings of the Pooja for Papmochani Ekadashi 2021
Sunrise- April 07, 2021 6:17 AM
Sunset -April 07, 2021 6:40 PM
Dwadashi End Moment- April 09, 2021, 3:16 AM
Ekadashi Tithi Begins-April 07, 2021 2:09 AM
Ekadashi Tithi Ends-April 08, 2021 2:29 AM
Hari Vasara End Moment-April 08, 2021, 8:41 AM
Parana Time-April 08, 8:41 AM – April 08, 8:45 AM
Rituals For Papmochani Ekadashi
- Followers wake up in the morning on Ekadashi and take a pure bath with Kush and sesame seeds. Most of the Vishnu devotees observe a fast on this day to be endowed with their deity’s unending grace.
- Fasting on Papamochani Ekadashi is deemed to be very favorable. It is best to follow the fast without consuming anything or just gulping water.
- However, as this is not feasible for Everyone, fasting can also be observed by consuming non-grain foods, milk, nuts, and fruits.
- The fast is finished the next day after offering Pooja to Lord Vishnu.
- Even for those who are not fasting, eating pulses, rice, and a non-vegetarian diet are strictly barred on Ekadashi.
- One must read ‘Sri Vishnu Sahasranama’ on Papamochani Ekadashi.
- On this day, Lord Vishnu is revered by followers with full devotion. The believers offer Tulsi leaves (picked a day before), flowers, fruits, lamp, and incense sticks to Lord Vishnu.
- Besides decorating the deity with mogra or jasmine flowers is also speculated to be highly commendable.
- If possible, the devotees of this vrat must also tour the temples of Lord Vishnu in the evening.
- Special programs are coordinated in the temples like narrating important divisions of the spiritual Bhagavad Gita
For any tips or remedies related to Astrology, Numerology, or Festivals, you can connect with the best astrologer of India Shweta Bhardwaj. Already served more than 25000 clients over 89 countries, she is the most recommended astrologer in India.
You can read the testimonials of your clients by visiting our website or read about the variety of topics in our blog.