In the realm of Hindu mythology and celebrations, the importance of Ekadashi does not need an exaggerated elaboration. Primarily dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the observation has tremendous popularity among the followers. An ensuing year in the Hindu calendar bears 24 Ekadashi and each of them have their essence and implication, complimenting the month. There are different rituals too following the Ekadashi. The diversity of celebration makes the occasion more vibrant.
Hari Sayani Ekadashi is one of the pious Ekadashi that is enormously celebrated in different parts of India, especially in July. No exception, the celebration of Hari Sayani Ekadashi is also dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Predictionforsuccess.com brings you some of the important rituals of the occasion, hope you find it useful.
Date- This year devotees can observe the Pooja on 20th July.
Hari Sayani Ekadashi- the name itself signifies something related to Sayana(sleep). Well, yes, it is believed that after the Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu goes asleep. Hari Sayani Ekadashi was explained by Lord Brahma to his son Narada and later by Lord Krishna to Yudhisthir. The best outcome a devotee can get is by observing fast in Ekadashi when he takes bath in the river Godavari.
Rituals for Hari Sayani Ekadashi
- Wake Up early in the morning and take bath.
- The puja should be performed facing north.
- Position a picture of Vishnu sleeping on Adishesha on a yellow color cloth.
- Light lamp using cow ghee
- Agarbatti or dhoop should be of Chandan.
- White and yellow color flowers should be offered.
- Yellow Chandan or normal Chandan should be offered and worn on the forehead.
- Ripe Banana should be offered.
- Papaya (or yellow color kheer made using papaya should be offered)
- Betel leaves and areca nuts should be offered.
- Tulsi leaves and coconut should be offered.
Harisayani Ekadashi Mantra-
ॐ पद्मनाभाय नमः॥
Om Padmanabhaya Namah
The above-given mantra should be chanted 108 times
Those who keep fast on the occasion should not eat rice or food preparation of rice. People who keep fast and worship with clean hearts get immense happiness and prosperity in life.
For any tips or remedies related to Astrology, Numerology, or Festivals, you can connect with the best astrologer of India Shweta Bhardwaj. Already served more than 25000 clients over 89 countries, she is the most recommended astrologer in India.
You can read the testimonials of your clients by visiting our website or read about the variety of topics in our blog.