The beautiful festival of lights is one of the most important festivals among Hindus. Diwali or Deepawali meaning ‘row of lights’ is celebrated as a symbol of victory of light over darkness. It marks the beginning of a new lunar cycle, revolving the festival around lights.
A common belief among the Hindus is that on this day Lord Ram came back to Ayodhya after defeating Ravan. It is usually celebrated 20 days after the Dassehra. But apart from this, people celebrate this festival for other Lords like Laxmi, Ganesha, Kali, and many more.
It a five-day festival starting from Dhanteras, Chaturdashi, Diwali, Govardhan Puja, and Bhai Dooj. Different rituals are done on different days. But let us focus on Diwali today.
Diwali also has astrological importance to it. Since this day is celebrated when the moon and sun are in conjunction which promotes harmony. Also, since this day is ruled by the Swati nakshatra it ensures happiness. It is also believed that Diwali is the best time to start a new venture. It is an auspicious day that is why we should worship Lord Ganesha and Maa Laxmi to invite health, wealth, happiness, and prosperity into our homes.
Diwali 2020: Date and Time:
Diwali Date: Saturday, November 14, 2020
Lakshmi Puja Muhurat: 05:28 PM to 07:24 PM
Pradosh Kaal: 05:28 PM to 08:07 PM
Vrishabha Kaal: 05:28 PM to 07:24 PM
Amavasya Tithi Begins: 02:17 PM, Nov 14, 2020
Amavasya Tithi Ends: 10:36 AM, Nov 15, 2020
The day starts with cleaning the house, decorating it, and then at nights worshipping the Lord for prosperity and health finally ending the day by lighting diyas, candles, and lights. Now since there are so many rituals and customs we also need to keep in mind certain things while carrying them out.
Click here for astrology and Vastu tips for Dhanteras 2020.
We have some easy Astrology and Vaastu tips and remedies to optimize the positivity that Deepawali 2020 is going to bring to you and your family:
Astrology tips for this Diwali
• Worship Lord Ganesha and offer him besan laddoo as bhog to remove all kinds of obstacles that come in the way of your financial growth, business development, career, and relationships.
• To be blessed with prosperity and wealth by Goddess Lakshmi, make her happy by offering lotus to her during Lakshmi Puja on Diwali.
• With a pure heart and not expecting anything in return, donate woolen clothes, warm blankets, shawls, and caps to the needy to make your Diwali 2019 a more happy and memorable one.
• Place clean drinking water in wide earthen bowls outside your home for stray animals and birds to seek blessings from nature on this Diwali.
• Offer coriander seeds as bhog during Lakshmi puja and place these seeds in your money locker to attract more wealth.
Vaastu Tips for this Diwali
• Be blessed with the arrival of Goddess Lakshmi by removing all the unwanted clutter from your home as she is fond of cleanliness and is known to reside in it.
• To ensure economic stability, clean the North and Northeast area of your house and lighten the place for the free flow of wealth in your house.
• Invite positivity and happiness in your house by hanging Toran (decorative hanging for the door) made of fresh marigold flower and Ashoka tree leaves. Make sure to distinctly decorate the entrance with beautiful colors and lights to welcome positive energies inside your house.
• Light diyas (earthen lamps) in the Northeast, North, and central zone of the house after Lakshmi puja for the prosperity, happiness, and fortune of you and your family.
• Discard dysfunctional electronics and cracked or broken utensils from your home as these are known to bring bad luck.
• Fill a bowl made of steel with clean water and place it in the Northeast direction and change the water at least once a week to eliminate negativity and bad health from your house.
Most of us want to be blessed by prosperity and wealth and Diwali is the perfect occasion to do the same. Following these tips and remedies will not only help you gain wealth but also bring you mental and emotional peace. For more suggestions like these on different festivals, contact our Vaastu and Astrology Experts, Vishal, and Shweta Bhardwaj respectively at www.predictionsforsuccess.com.