Plants are integral in making our surroundings aesthetic and energized. But Vastu experts suggest that some plants, due to their interrelation with mythology and science should be avoided in living spaces. Plants are directly related to us because; whatever gases they emit are inhaled by us. Some plants are said to emit negative vibes and harmful gases that are unsafe for us.
Choosing a plant for your surroundings must be done carefully and placed in the proper direction to draw good results. According to the best Vastu experts in Dehradun, some specific plants that are considered auspicious for homes should be only planted with guidelines complying with Vastu Shastra to get the optimum benefit. It is rightly said that ‘nature affects health’, therefore some plants that are considered beneficial for our surroundings are listed below:
Basil Plant (tulsi)
Basil, known as tulsi in Hindi, is considered very auspicious when planted in the courtyard of a house. It is believed that worshipping this plant pleases Lord Vishnu. Basil leaves are a little bitter in taste but they help in soothing a sore throat.
The plants of Rose are mostly planted in gardens. Found in three colors; black, white and red with green leaves, this plant bears thorns on its branches. The best Vastu experts in India suggest that a rose plant causes fear of enemies when planted in the courtyard, so it should be planted in the garden (away from the house). Gulukand (sweet mouth freshener) and gulaab jal (rose water) are prepared from its petals.
The Sunflower plant bears beautiful yellow flowers that blossom only after sunrise and imitate the revolution of the sun. It is considered auspicious to plant this plant in the North-Eastern corner of the house. The oil extracted from the seeds of this plant is highly nutritive.
Jasmine plant bears tiny white or yellow flowers that have a sweet scent. The scent from this plant is extracted to be used in essential oils, perfumes and room fresheners. It is advised to keep this plant in the North or East direction of the house.
The plant of Marigold is small in size. The leaves of which are long and taper at the end. It bears yellow, orange and white flowers. The leaves of this plant carry innumerable medicinal uses. The best Vastu experts in Dehradun advise keeping this plant in the North or East corner of the house.
Things to remember when planting different plants at home:
- Make sure to plant a tulsi plant at every living place, as it is not just auspicious but a potent plant as well. It is said that it brings the best results when planted in North, Northeast or East direction.
- Thorny plants like cactus should be entirely avoided in the house. An exception can be made in the case of a rose plant.
- Installing creepers at the entrance or exteriors of a house is encouraged. Make sure that they do not rise above the wall of the compound.
- Plants that produce milk (a white secretion) should be avoided in living places as they are considered inauspicious for the home and bring negativity to the health of the occupants of the place.
- Keep decorative plants in the garden but they should not be more than three feet tall.
- Make sure to remove dry leaves, creepers, flowers, and overgrown shrubs and weeds regularly as they disrupt the normal flow of energies in the environment.
For more remedies related to Vastu, contact the best Vastu expert in Delhi, Vishal Bhardwaj at www.predictionsforsuccess.com